Webinar May 19, 2016 Posted on: 5/13/2016
FASB recently released its long-awaited updates to ASC 718 in Accounting Standards Update No. 2016-09. The overall goal was simplification, but the result is a mixed bag.
Some of the revisions, such as those related to withholding rates and liability classification, will be very helpful. The elimination of the APIC pool, on the other hand, will give rise to new sources of income statement volatility. Either way, the revised standards will have a significant effect on public and private companies alike.
Join us on May 19th for a discussion of this major revision. We’ll examine:
- The scope of ASU 2016-09
- Ways the revisions can impact your financials
- Tools for managing the earnings volatility triggered by removal of the APIC pool
- Tax withholdings and how FASB and IRS rules interact
- Considerations surrounding ongoing use of a forfeiture rate
- Implementation tips for a smooth transition
- Implications for private companies
- Early adoption considerations
Get a comprehensive breakdown of the different ASC 718 revisions along with our take on what they could mean for you.
To register for this webinar, click here.