A Fireside Chat on Market Volatility and Equity Compensation
Already this year, we’ve seen historic inflation, interest rate hikes, and double-digit equity market declines along with substantial earnings misses by brand-name firms. This market volatility and uncertainty has complicated equity compensation planning, strategy, and financial reporting.
Join our fireside chat with three Equity Methods experts. We’ll discuss the wide-ranging implications of these market events on equity programs, with a focus on:
- Renewed concerns about—and creative solutions to—share pool depletion
- The interaction between talent shortages and depleting share pools
- Calibration of equity grants using spot, trailing average, or other price conventions
- Equity award fair values in light of spiking volatility assumptions
- Incentive restoration considerations if there is a sustained market decline
- Embedding market uncertainty into expense, tax, and dilution forecasts
Throughout our discussion, we’ll run polls and encourage audience questions. If you’re concerned about the effects of market volatility on equity compensation, join this conversational journey as we unpack the wide-ranging ramifications on the horizon.
This webcast qualifies CPAs and Certified Equity Professionals for 1.0 hour of CPE.
CPE Credits: 1.0 (available to live webcast attendees)
Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
Program Level: Overview
Additional CPE details