Granting an Award with an rTSR Metric? Here’s Your Pre-Flight Checklist
Calendar year companies are putting the final touches on their annual grants. Given market volatility and uncertainty, there will be a record number of companies granting relative total shareholder return (rTSR) awards this year. Some will use rTSR as a standalone metric and others as a modifier. Either way, we’re here to cover the fundamentals.
Awards with an rTSR metric are as complex as they are versatile. They introduce numerous risks and opportunities that require careful management. Whether you’re a first-time rTSR granter or have been doing so for years, join our discussion of last-minute considerations as your compensation committee prepares to approve 2021 awards. Topics on the agenda include:
- Techniques for calibrating grant sizes—and their pros and cons
- A process timeline, from pre-grant pro forma modeling to filing the Form 4
- Peer group changes in light of 2020 turbulence
- Drivers of valuation volatility and premiums (and simple solutions)
- Stock price averaging conventions
- Post-grant tracking and communication
This webcast qualifies CPAs and Certified Equity Professionals for 1.0 hour of CPE.
CPE Credits: 1.0 (available to live webcast attendees)
Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
Program Level: Overview
Additional CPE details