The Emerging Impact of COVID-19 on Equity Compensation
Recorded on Friday, March 27, 2020 and Thursday, April 2, 2020
The events of 2020 have served as a strong reminder of our interconnectedness and interdependence as a global community. Amid the human toll and rising economic uncertainty, the coronavirus outbreak had a profound impact on equity compensation. In this program, we examine what it all means and potential actions to take now.
This program was offered twice, with the second session incorporating new developments in light of how quickly our national situation was changing. We look at:
- Considerations for companies that recently granted equity awards, such as modification or cancellation and re-grant
- Strategies for companies that have not yet made their annual equity grant, including delaying grants, widening goals, and revising metrics
- Alternative modification approaches for outstanding equity awards
- Accounting and proxy implications of award modifications
- Equity award vehicles that operate effectively during economic volatility
- Creative ways to tackle share pool challenges caused by stock price declines
- Proxy advisor and investor viewpoints on creative equity strategies
Each webcast qualifies CPAs and Certified Equity Professionals for 1.0 hour of CPE.
CPE Credits: 1.0 (available to live webcast attendees)
Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
Program Level: Overview
Additional CPE details